Let’s switch it up for a change and talk houses!
Obviously the husband and I recently went house-shopping, and as people do, we had our list of must-have’s and nice-to-have’s:
- 3 or more bedrooms (master + at least one guest room + potential study)
- open layout – particularly between kitchen and living room
- .3 acres or more
- …so that we can have backyard privacy (we love grilling and hanging out outdoors- much more fun when you’re not feeling on display!)
- Be within 30 minutes drive from both work places and barn
- Because I despise driving long commutes, the less the better
- A large dining room
- So that hopefully I could inherit one of 3 large family tables (random, I know)
- Hardwood floors
- All the easier to clean the pet hair!
- Built-ins in living room
- Because books. And horse photos.
It’s a fairly short list, and of course we had our own preferences besides these, but with a fast moving real estate market these items were hard to find! Luckily the new house checks all of these off and more!
What’s on your list for your dream house?